Let the Authors tell you what to Give and Receive!
Looking for the perfect gift for the book-y in your life? Let some of your favorite authors tell you what’s on their list to give and receive!
Chris Bojalian, best-selling author of 11 novels, including Skeletons at the Feast, The Double Bind and The Buffalo Soldier, offered up a number of recommendations in his recent newsletter mailing (in which he also pumped the tour for his February release Secrets of Eden — No Michigan – Waaah!):
“I am asked often what I am reading. Well, among the books that I particularly enjoyed this year and I can recommend for you and your families and friends are:
• Perfection, by Julie Metz
• Americans in Space, by Mary E. Mitchell
• Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger
• The Girl Who Played with Fire, by Stieg Larsson
• The Third Reich at War, by Richard J. Evans
• The Story Sisters, by Alice Hoffman
• Life Class, by Pat Barker”
Also Penguin has put together a promotion with a number of their authors giving recommendations for books to give and books to ask for! Click through to check out the video featuring Nick Hornby, Robert B. Parker, Kate Jacobs, and Frank Bruni as well as written recs from a ton of great authors!